Objective: To throw the ball in accurately
Gear: 1 ball, 1 Rugby Post.
- Hooker stands on the goal line facing the side of the goal post.
- Aim to hit the upright at various heights.
- The thrower needs to progressively set targets at practice, e.g. three is a row, then five in a row.
- You can use cones to set out distances from the post to represent the different distances to lineout jumpers i.e. Jumper at number 2, or 4.
- Once precision is mastered, the hooker should practice with real jumpers to master timing.
Check out my other content on rugby coaching.