Category: Place Kicking
Objective: Improve Accuracy of a place kick
Gear: 1 ball for every player
- Right in front of the posts (close as you like) takes 5-10 shots at goal.
- Move to the left of the centre (15m) and take 5-10 shots.
- Move to the right of the centre (15m) and take 5-10 shots.
- Move right over near touchline of both sides and have 2-3 shots.
- Move back from the 22m and have 2-3 shots.
- Go back to the start if you need to, and begin again.
Place Kicking Tips
- Expose sweet spot
- Address ball
- Move back to a comfortable position
- Use imagery
- Approach in arc
- Turn Shoulder
- Place non-kicking foot inline with target
- Swing through strike zone